Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

IS this for real? Flu or Fiction?

This morning I am contemplating my past and my future? Ut Oh.... I am on systems overload from my family, real and imagined! I am not sure if it is funny or scary? It is so much easier to laugh then to scream or cry.

First, the flu. Yikes, Taylor (son, 20) has it. He gets everything, he is like me. When calling to Doctor to see if he should be treated or seen, there response "Are you crazy?" Sharing with them the didbits of my health dilemas, they decide I should be taking "Tamiflu" to prevent me from getting it. Which left me wondering, "why isn't everyone taking it?" Then no one would be sick? On the side of the box it says "to lessen the severity if the flu if you have it (?) and to prevent you from getting it at a lower dosage. Huh? So now my kids feel like they are dogpoop cuz no one offers it to them.

Secondly, yesterday was supposed to be flu shot day. We were all signed up to go. Well....Taylor is sick, I am on Tamiflu, so that leaves Austin (16) and Greg (husband). Greg is like "what the hell, these are free we should all line up". As I drive off to Seattle alone yesterday for a check up and do not mention it to anyone (heh, it is only 90 miles, no one will miss me) I get a call from Greg. He is freaking out and angry (?) that I did not REMIND him that Austin is a fainter? Yeah that really is always on the tip of my tongue. And I could of sworn that he is the father of these children and should probably remember this?

Needless to say, Austin keels at the office and considering he is 200 lbs and tall, these poor nurses never saw it coming. And his Dad sitting beside him in a chair getting his shot is looking the other way (Remember he is a Dad, ie., sissy!) Eyes rolled back in his head, slumped over and sliding to the floor, Greg looks over. So now we will be watching the old guy have a heart attack!
The nurses asks to call 911 and Austin wakes to feel very nausious and explains that this happens all the time and damn that shot hurt. Between the calls from Austin pissed that the shot hurt and Greg whining and tell me he is so upset and Taylor calling me in a gravelly voice saying "Mom where are you, I need a drink of water" (He is in his frickin bedroom), you stop yourself and think, "hmmm... I wonder why I left town without saying a word?".

Do I mention that I made sure to call my Twin brother and ask him to meet me for lunch? It was a lovely Italian place. Or that when I stopped 30 miles from the house to pee, I made sure I was in a store that I love to wander around? You might think I am cold and callous, but the truth is I live in a house of boys in which there is not a stitch of pink to be seen and now that they are older they WILL NOT let me paint there toenails. A girl has to do what a girl has to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment