Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2009

Sanity Survival Begins with Laughter!

Today is Labor Day, sort of fits considering that i am on my hands and knees pulling little staples out of my dining room subfloor. Fun never stops.

My lovely little Boston Terrier, Bruno, age 9 and my son's giant puppy, half Malmute half Black Lab (honest to god) decided to use it as a bathroom. Ok, I can make excuses for my little Bruno, "it's tan and looked like a sandbox" but that giant 6 month old puppy, Teva, no excuses! And know what you are thinking, "How did she allow this child, Taylor (age 20) to let this dog move in?" My excuse is "she had nowhere else to go" In reality it is. my son moved back home after six months out on his own and I was so thrilled at the aspect of having him back, that I think my brain must have shut off for just a second, when he did not ask if the dog could come to? So there it is: the truth as I know it.

Of course the other take could be that Taylor's Dad who pays for everything under the sun for this kid and then some, thought he would be saving money by having him move home, since he pays for his college tuition, and living expenses. So Dad naturally assumed that one of the other roomates of Taylor's might take her home? (Yeah that is going to happen,. They moved home too!)

So I am back to ground zero literally and it is gross.

Oh yeah, the kids are hanging out in the living room, yakking with their friends and just watching? Taylor gives me this look of "you really should not be lifting that bookcase" but does not budge. God knows he is pooped after he drank too much, left his Dad's car at some guys house and hitched a ride home at 2am, and just got up.....


No comments:

Post a Comment